Clinica London is a leading paediatric and adult ophthalmology and dermatology medical clinic located in London’s prestigious Harley Street.
The Clinic’s consultants are highly skilled and have won British, European and International awards in their fields.
As part of the clinic’s ongoing efforts to offer educational lectures to optometrists and Gps, they are holding a lecture and reception at The Royal Society of Medicine on October 30th from 5:30 pm to 9:00 pm.
The lecture will discuss the following topics:
- Reviewing the Light Trial outcomes for SLT as a primary pressure lowering treatment and the impact on quality of life for glaucoma patients.
- An update on the latest technology & evidence for Micro shunt devices and pressure control in glaucoma.
- Using Micropulse diode for more advanced glaucoma with its enhanced safety profile.
- The emergence of chemical assaults.
- First aid/early management of chemical eye injury.
- The outcome of severe injuries: Stem cell therapies for corneal blindness from chemical eye injuries.
- Loss of stem cells to the surface of the eye and blindness.
- The main symptoms of cataract.
- Types and causes of cataract.
- Preparing for cataract surgery.
- Performing cataract surgery.
- Managing the patient after cataract surgery.